CSCW and Education: Viewing Education as a Site of Work Practice
Educational organizations, whether they are formal or informal, present a work environment in which technology, and social and cultural interactions mediate unfolding work. What opportunities does this site of work practice hold for CSCW researchers and designers? And how might these educational organizations benefit from the work of CSCW? This one-day workshop will explore these and other similar questions as we seek to build a community of researchers, designers and practitioners in different disciplines interested in the intersection of CSCW and Education.
The workshop will take place at CSCW 2013 http://cscw.acm.org/ (ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work). The workshop will be held on Saturday, February 23rd, 2013 in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Researchers, designers and educational practitioners will be participating in this workshop to discuss themes such as:
- CSCW system design and educational work
- Collaborative software and educational work
- Social media and educational work
- Technological tools to support educational work
- Articulation work / Coordination and educational work
- Infrastructure and educational work
- Invisible and visible aspects of educational work
- Games and educational work
- Disruptive technologies in education